Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pray Without Ceasing....


I know that most of you who read this already know about Ruth, Paul, and baby John...but I wanted to share it with anyone who does not know them.

Ruth is Samuel's cousin. She was diagnosed with advanced stomach cancer this past week. She was about 28 weeks pregnant. For her to be able to start chemo right away they decided to have their baby. He was born on Feb. 7th. He was also baptized that day by Paul's father.

Thankfully, John Wilde Webber, is doing well. He is a beautiful baby boy with a lot of people praying for him. This family obviously has a long road ahead of them. Whatever God's will is for this family, we know it is good. (He works ALL things for the good of those who love Him), but that doesn't mean it is going to be easy. Please say an extra prayer for this family.

I always remember the story of Job in the Bible when things like this happen. Samuel and I read through Job when Simeon was dying. It really shows that no matter what God is in control. Who are we to question Him? Were we there when He formed the earth?...but regardless, we still ask the question, "Why?". We just have to give it all over to Him and say along with Job, "The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the name of the Lord."

My favorite hymn verse is one that I have sung often in the past 2 years...
"Well He knows what best to grant me; All the longing hopes that haunt me, Joy and sorrow, have their day. I shall doubt His wisdom never; As God wills, so be it ever; I to Him commit my way." (ELH 468) 

If you would like to read more about Ruth and get updates on how she and baby John are doing or to donate to help them with medical costs you can go to: http://theruthwebberfund.bbnow.org/

You can also see a picture of Ruth and Paul and John on the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment